On Monday, November 12, 2012, I have my first post operation follow-up with my cardiologist.
When a heart attack occurs, it is good to find out as much information as possible concerning the condition so that future attacks are limited as much as possible.
The following are the questions that I feel a need to address during this appointment.
- How serious was my heart attack?
- How often should I be screened for further heart conditions?
- How do I lower my frustration level with dishonest people in the future?
- Was the heart attack stress related due to my C-PTSD because the symptoms started 10-15 minutes after I got frustrated with the VA “Physical & Occupational Therapy Office” over issues with my ankles?
- Did 8 ankles surgeries within the last 16 months add to the heart attack?
- Did my prolonged nasty divorce of the last 16 months add to the heart attack?
- Did my prolonged financial struggles of the last 16 months add to the heart attack?
- What is the best preventive treatment I should have going forward?
- What restrictions are there to ankle physical therapy cause by the heart attack?
- What is a “Nuclear Stress Test” and why was it suggested while I was in the hospital?
- What is “Cardiac Therapy” and why was it suggested while I was in the hospital?
- What other medical test should I have or will need and how often?
- What are my risks for a 2nd attack?
- What are other contributing factors to my heart attack besides my stress issues?
- What complications should I watch for?
- What exercises should I do and are there appropriate limits I need to follow?
- What limits should I follow concerning these exercises?
- What foods do I need to avoid in the future?
- Will the two stents wear out and need to be replaced?
- Will my continued struggles with my ankles stress my heart more?
- Why do I seem to have less energy and am I so tired and sleepy all the time?
- When can I start lifting more then 8 pounds because I live alone 8 miles from town in the forest?
- When can I resume normal activities?
- Are there any side effects to the medications you prescribed for me?
- Are there other doctors I need to see and will you refer me?
- Are there Cardiac Nutritionists that can help me change-eating habits?
- Are there Cardiac Therapists that can help me adjust?
- Are there post heart attack support groups that can help me adjust my life?
- Are there any restrictions on sexual activity I need to know about?
- Are there any books, brochures, or other printed information you would recommend I read?