Energy Drinks: Are they really all that and more?
1) Energy Drinks and Heart Conditions:
- Energy drinks have a high concentration of sugar and caffeine and have been known to trigger side effects such as heart palpitations, increased hypertension, irregular heartbeats, headaches, insomnia, dizziness, disorientation, weight gain, and sudden death.
- People with a heart condition, history of headaches, or who have a history of stroke should avoid consuming energy drinks.
2) Energy Drinks and Digestive Conditions:
- Energy drinks because of the high concentration of sugar and caffeine have been known to cause jitters, upset stomach, nausea, vomiting, dehydration, weight gain, and related intestinal cramping because of the high caffeine content.
- People with a digestive condition, should avoid consuming energy drinks.
3) Energy Drinks and Diabetic Conditions:
- Most energy drinks have a very high concentrated per volume sugar content as high as 39 grams that have been known to cause headaches, dizziness, disorientation, weight gain, dehydration, and pancreas shut down.
- People with a diabetic condition, should avoid consuming energy drinks.
4) Other health concerns of energy drinks include:
- Restlessness and irritability
- Birth defects
- Prenatal complications
- Adrenal fatigue
5) The ten most abused drugs in order of abuse:
#4 Prescription opiates and over-the-counter medications
By Guy Lewis, Payson, Arizona, 09132012